Wits Danville, IL, is closed
pending further notice.
Please donate to help
support our cause!
VOLUNTEERING - St. Louis, MO
Do you like to work with Computers? Would you like to train kids and adults in computer technologies? How about learn how to take your computer apart or repair it? Wits offers unique programs that allow you to do all these things, get service hours and also academic credit!
Technology Volunteer Positions:
- Web Design and Development - Restructure our website using latest innovative technologies. Includes website editing and constant creative analysis using Flash, DHTML, and others.
- Technical Analyst - Troubleshoot and install hardware on donated and new systems. To include hardware testing and configuration to create refurbished working systems. May also include software installation and TCP/IP setup.
- Database Administrator - Creation of several interactive databases of inventory, internship students, and sponsorship organization information. Duties will include interface creation for server access through graphic interface; database maintenance will be involved as well as database entry and report creation.
- Software Programmers - Creation of software programs and technical training in 3D environments. Includes programming, graphic design and creative analysis and testing, and programs created to teach interactive computer hardware troubleshooting and general maintenance.
Business Development Volunteer Positions:
- PR and Marketing Strategies - Duties will include the planning, creation and assistance in implementation of a PR package. There is an incredible amount of flexibility and unlimited creativity options for media and formatting.
- Marketing Plan Development - Developing strategies and attractive Internet options to promote our organization on the Internet is what we are looking for here. May include assisting the web developer with design ideas and PR options linked from our site.
- Non-Profit Management and Project Coordination - Working with our Executive Director to setup projects and collaborations including our grant collaborations and other fundraising activities.
- Grant Writing - Assist the team members with writing successful grants.
- PR Rep - Work with the PR Manager to promote WITS to businesses for sponsorships.
Wits is a United Way certified volunteer program. Click here:
Please email email@example.com for more information.